Here at Hakuna Matata Pediatric Dentistry, not only are we advocating for children but we also want to help protect the environment and sustain its natural resources for the current and future generations. This is why Hakuna Matata Pediatric Dentistry has been designed in the most environmentally friendly and ecological responsible ways.
- We have implemented an environmentally friendly sterilization program that exceeds both of the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards
- We have installed an amalgam separator. Even though we do not place amalgam (mercury) fillings at Hakuna Matata Pediatric Dentistry, we might sometimes have to remove them. The amalgam separator located in our sterilization captures all heavy water wastes and filters the water that exits the office back to the environment
- The office layout is built to maximize natural light and ventilation
- We have indoor plants around the office
- We use sensor-operated faucets in the hygiene bay, operatory rooms, bathroom and sterilization
- We use motion detectors and timers for lights
- We avoid using plastic or paper barriers, but do so only when necessary
- All TVs in the office are equipped with brand new LCD computer screens instead of the traditional CRT screens
- All the ceiling and operatory lights in the office are made of energy-efficient fluorescent lighting
- We are a paperless office: we use a virtual office system for patient charting, billing and radiography
PERINATAL AND INFANT ORAL HEALTH
At Hakuna Matata Pediatric Dentistry, we offer perinatal and prenatal counseling for mothers. We want to establish the foundations upon which preventive education and dental care must be built to enhance the opportunity for a child to have a lifetime free from preventable oral disease.
EDUCATIVE AND FUN CHILDREN PLAY AREA
Our play area is equipped with Apple Ipads and the latest Nintendo Switch. Additionally, our educative wall toys help your preschool child learn cause and effect, color and enhance their recognition, ability, hand-eye coordination, and logical thinking.
OPEN BAY HYGIENE AREA
Our open design hygiene area helps minimize dental fear in children. This enables children to see their siblings, families or other children in the dental chair calming any fears they might have at the dentist. Our office goal is to provide a happy relationship between the child and us and to make them feel at home.
Each dental chair is equipped with its own smart television. This allows each child to pick their own movie, television show, or music to enjoy while receiving dental treatment.
We love making our patients feel special at the end of their visit. This is why our practice has a prize machines that work on tokens. All tokens are safe for children of all ages.
CONVENIENCE AND COMFORT FOR OUR FAMILY OF PATIENTS
We, at Hakuna Matata Pediatric Dentistry, believe it is vital to be understanding, respectful, and empathetic to our patients and their families’ busy and hectic schedules. For this reason, we offer convenient hours of operation, and make ourselves available on Saturdays, early mornings and late evenings.
At Hakuna Matata Pediatric Dentistry, we strive to take all the time your child needs to feel comfortable in our hands and to educate our patients.
LET US WELCOME YOU TO OUR FAMILY
We are always welcoming new smiles and look forward to meeting you and your family. We are committed to working with you in helping the most important smiles of your family shine their brightest and healthiest.